Official Showcases are the premier platform for introducing talent and new music to the bluegrass community during IBMA World of Bluegrass. The event will take place during September 24 – 28, 2024.
The Official Showcase Package
Each selected showcase act will perform at least twice during the week— typically once during the IBMA Business Conference and once at an IBMA Bluegrass Ramble venue. In addition to the two showcase opportunities, the official showcase package includes:
- Full conference registration package for performers
- Priority access to Gig Fair appointments
- Complimentary Exhibit Hall booth space
- Up to three (3) Individual Memberships
- Featured promotion in IBMA communications
All emerging bluegrass bands, as well as established bands with new music or new personnel, are encouraged to apply. If you want to get your act or new material in front of top bluegrass talent buyers, our official showcase opportunity is for YOU. Applicants do NOT have to be IBMA members.
International bands are encouraged to apply. All non-U.S.-based artists must be legally able to enter the United States and are responsible for acquiring all necessary travel permits including visas when necessary. Learn more.
Official showcase acts may not participate in the IBMA Bluegrass Ramble two years in a row. Official showcase acts from the 2023 event are NOT eligible to apply for the 2024 event.
All applications will be made online through this page. Up to 30 artists will be invited to participate in the IBMA Bluegrass Ramble as official showcase acts. Artists are chosen through a juried selection process that takes into consideration the applicant’s entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal, quality of work, and potential of act to benefit from the opportunity. The IBMA is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA). Artists with disabilities, artists who are black, indigenous, or people of color (BIPOC), and those who identify as LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
Applications will open on February 1, 2024 and the application deadline is February 29, 2024. All applicants will receive a response from the IBMA via email indicating whether the act has been selected for an official showcase, selected as an alternate, or not selected for an official showcase.
In addition to general applicant contact information, the following materials will be needed to complete the application:
- Name, email, and role (i.e. banjo, fiddle) of each member of the applying act
- One studio recorded song (mp3 format only), an optional second recording may be submitted as well)
- Two Hi-Res artist photos, one formatted in a square
- An artist bio with artist location, names/roles of band members (if known at time of application), description of the artist’s sound, and note of any recently released recordings
- A stage plot, indicating locations of instruments, instrument mics, vocal mics, and any other equipment (i.e. amp, pre-amp)
- Credit card for application fee
All applicants are required to submit a $25 fee to help defray selection process costs. If invited to participate as an official showcase artist, there is an additional fee of $250 plus $75/performing band member to offset costs of services and showcase production.
Please direct any questions to Ethan Charles, IBMA’s Events Director at [email protected].