APPLICATION OPENS MARCH 4!
“Apply” Button at bottom of page (please read all instructions first)
Application closes May 15, 2019
IBMA’s World of Bluegrass week culminates with a two-day FREE festival in downtown Raleigh, NC. The Wide Open Bluegrass festival includes performances by 100+ bands on seven different stages, a Dance Tent, Arts Market, Bluegrass Expo, Masters Workshops, BBQ Championship, Youth Performances, Food and Beverage vendors, and more. The festival is FREE to attend, and attracts more than 100,000 enthusiastic music fans each day. A great way to reach new fans.
The Wide Open Bluegrass festival will take place September 27-28, 2019, once again in beautiful downtown Raleigh, NC, and all bluegrass bands are encouraged to apply.
- IBMA and PineCone proactively select talent for the Main Stage at Red Hat Amphitheater and do not accept or respond to unsolicited talent submissions (including email, voice mail, and snail mail) for that particular venue.
- Talent performing on the Youth Stage at the Raleigh Convention Center plaza is curated by the IBMA Youth Council. Contact the IBMA for more information.
- Talent performing on the J.A.M. (Junior Appalachian Musicians) Stage at Martin Street is curated by J.A.M. Contact Brett Martin to be considered.
- Talent performing on the Masters Workshop Stage inside the Raleigh Convention Center is curated by Bull Harman. Contact Bull to be considered.
(For City Plaza Stage, Davie Street Stage, Hargett Street Stage, Capitol Stage, and Dance Tent performers only)
Each selected act will perform at least once during the weekend. Set times vary in length: 45, 60, 75, 90 minutes, depending on the stage.
In addition to the performance opportunity, the performer package includes:
- A small monetary stipend. Fixed fees based on set length.
- 50% discount on conference registration for performing members of group.
- One free parking pass for the day of your performance.
- Free shuttle service around festival footprint for all performing members of group.
- Listing in WOB app, website, and printed festival schedules.
- Artist sells own merchandise and keeps 100% of sales. Tent, table and chairs provided near your stage.
All artists playing bluegrass and closely related genres are encouraged to apply. Applicant does NOT have to be an IBMA member, but IBMA members are given preference.
All non-U.S.-based artists must be legally able to enter the United States and are responsible for acquiring all necessary travel permits including visas when necessary. Learn more.
All applications will be made online, through this page. Up to 80 artists will be invited to participate in the Wide Open Bluegrass festival. Artists are chosen through a juried selection process that takes into consideration the applicant’s artistic merit, availability, quality of work, and general fit in the overall mix of bands.
All applicants will receive a response from our festival producers at PineCone via email by May 31st, indicating whether the act has been selected for a performance, selected as an alternate, or not selected for a performance.
In addition to general applicant contact information, the following materials will be needed to complete the application:
- Artist name
- Booking contact (name, company, email, phone number)
- Link to artist’s website
- Link to a song or video sample
Application Deadlines & Fees
Online application for Wide Open Bluegrass performances must be submitted by WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2019. No submission fee required.