FEBRUARY 3rd – 29th
Link to application at bottom of page (please read all instructions first)
Official showcase performances at the IBMA Bluegrass Ramble form the premier platform for introducing talent to the bluegrass community. The event will take place during September 29 – October 1, 2020, once again in beautiful downtown Raleigh, NC.
The Official Showcase Package
Each selected showcase act will perform at least twice during the week— once during the IBMA Business Conference (25-minute sets) and once at an IBMA Bluegrass Ramble venue (45-minute sets). In addition to the two showcase opportunities, the official showcase package includes:
- Full conference registration package for performers (value $1000+)
- Priority access to Gig Fair appointments
- Complimentary Exhibit Hall booth space during business conference (value $700+)
- Up to three (3) Individual Memberships (value $225+)
- Featured promotion on IBMA social media channels throughout the summer, ahead of the events
- Featured profile in conference program, WOB app, and printed IBMA Bluegrass Ramble schedules
- Featured pre-event promotion to DJs and talent-buyers via our IBMA Bluegrass Ramble playlists on Noisetrade and Spotify
All emerging bluegrass bands, as well as established bands with new music or new personnel, are encouraged to apply. We celebrate a diverse lineup of acts from all over the world playing across the stylistic spectrum. No matter where you are from or what style of bluegrass you play, if you are ready to take your music career to new heights, our official showcase opportunity is for YOU. Applicants do NOT have to be IBMA members.
All non-U.S.-based artists must be legally able to enter the United States and are responsible for acquiring all necessary travel permits including visas when necessary. Learn more.
Official showcase acts from the 2019 event are NOT eligible for 2020. However, if your act performed on sponsored showcases during the IBMA Bluegrass Ramble or elsewhere during 2019, you ARE eligible to apply for an official showcase for 2020.
All applications will be made online, through this page. Up to 30 artists will be invited to participate in the IBMA Bluegrass Ramble as official showcase acts. Artists are chosen through a juried selection process that takes into consideration the applicant’s entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal, quality of work, and potential of act to benefit from the opportunity.
All applicants will receive a response from the IBMA via email by April 15 indicating whether the act has been selected for an official showcase, selected as an alternate, or not selected for an official showcase.
In addition to general applicant contact information, the following materials will be needed to complete the application:
- Name, email, and role (i.e. banjo, fiddle) of each member of the applying act
- One studio recorded song (mp3 format only, an optional second recording may be submitted as well)
- One Hi-Res artist photo
- An artist bio with artist location, names/roles of band members (if known at time of application), description of the artist’s sound, and note of any recently released recordings
- A stage plot, indicating locations of instruments, instrument mics, vocal mics, and any other equipment (i.e. amp, pre-amp)
- Credit card for application fee
Application Deadlines & Fees
Online applications for official showcases must be submitted by FEBRUARY 29, 2020. All applicants are required to submit a $25 fee to help defray selection process costs. If invited to participate as an official showcase artist, there is an additional fee of $500 to offset costs of services and showcase production.