APPLICATION OPEN NOW!
“Apply” Button at bottom of page (please read all instructions first)
Application closes February 28, 2019
Official showcase performances at the IBMA’s annual Bluegrass Ramble during World of Bluegrass week form the premier platform for introducing talent to the bluegrass community. The Bluegrass Ramble will take place September 24-26, 2019, once again in beautiful downtown Raleigh, NC, and all emerging bluegrass bands, as well as established bands with new music or new personnel, are encouraged to apply.
Each selected showcase act will perform at least twice during the week—once on a convention center stage and once at a Bluegrass Ramble venue. Convention Center sets will be 25 minutes, and Bluegrass Ramble venue sets will be 45 minutes.
In addition to the two showcase opportunities, the IBMA showcase package includes:
- Full conference registration package for performing members of group (value $1000+).
- Priority access to “Gig Fair” appointments.
- Complimentary booth space during business conference (value $700+).
- One organizational membership for group (value $205).
- Featured promotion on IBMA channels throughout the summer, ahead of the events.
- Featured profile in conference program, WOB app, and printed Bluegrass Ramble schedules.
- Inclusion of one mp3 on the 2019 Bluegrass Ramble mixtape via Noisetrade, available for free and promoted to DJs and talent buyers pre-event. Download the mixtapes from prior years.
- Inclusion in the Bluegrass Ramble Spotify playlist, promoted to DJs and talent buyers pre-event.
All artists playing bluegrass and closely related genres are encouraged to apply. Applicant does NOT have to be an IBMA member.
All non-U.S.-based artists must be legally able to enter the United States and are responsible for acquiring all necessary travel permits including visas when necessary. Learn more.
Official IBMA showcase acts from the 2018 Bluegrass Ramble are NOT eligible for 2019. If the act performed on sponsored showcases during the Bluegrass Ramble or elsewhere during 2018, it IS eligible to apply for an Official IBMA Showcase for 2019.
All applications will be made online, through this page. Up to 30 artists will be invited to participate in the Bluegrass Ramble as Official IBMA Showcase Acts. Artists are chosen through a juried selection process that takes into consideration the applicant’s entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal, quality of work, and potential of act to benefit from the opportunity.
All applicants will receive a response from the IBMA via email by April 15, indicating whether the act has been selected for an official showcase, selected as an alternate, or not selected for an official showcase.
In addition to general applicant contact information, the following materials will be needed to complete the application:
- Name, email, and role (i.e. banjo, fiddle) of each member of the applying act
- One studio recorded song (mp3 format only, an optional second recording may be submitted as well)
- One Hi-Res artist photo
- An artist bio with artist location, names/roles of band members (if known at time of application), description of the artist’s sound, and note of any recently released recordings
- A stage plot, indicating locations of instruments, instrument mics, vocal mics, and any other equipment (i.e. amp, pre-amp).
- Credit card for application fee.
Application Deadlines & Fees
Online application for IBMA showcases must be submitted by FEBRUARY 28, 2019. All applicants are required to submit a $25 fee to help defray selection process costs. If invited to participate as an official showcase artist, there is an additional fee of $500 to offset costs of services and showcase production.