2022 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
IBMA World of Bluegrass® culminates with a free two-day festival, featuring performances by 100+ bands on several high-profile street stages. In addition, the StreetFest includes an arts market, an exhibit hall, masters workshops, youth performances, food and beverage vendors, and more. The festival attracts more than 100,000 enthusiastic music fans each day.
IBMA Bluegrass Live! will take place September 30 – October 1, 2022, and all bluegrass bands are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that this application process is for consideration for StreetFest stages ONLY. In addition to reviewing these applications, PineCone and IBMA proactively seek out bands and performers to curate a mix representing a range of bluegrass styles.
- IBMA and PineCone proactively select talent for the Main Stage at Red Hat Amphitheater and do not accept or respond to unsolicited talent submissions (including email, voice mail, and snail mail) for that particular venue.
Each selected act will perform at least once during the weekend. Set times vary in length: 45, 60, 75, 90 minutes, depending on the stage.
In addition to the performance opportunity, the performer package includes:
- A small monetary stipend. Fixed fees based on set length.
- Discount on conference registration for performing members of group.
- Listing in WOB website and printed festival schedules.
- Artist sells own merchandise and keeps 100% of sales. Tent, table and chairs provided near your stage.
All artists playing bluegrass and closely-related genres are encouraged to apply. Applicant does NOT have to be an IBMA member, but IBMA members are given preference.
All non-U.S.-based artists must be legally able to enter the United States and are responsible for acquiring all necessary travel permits including visas when necessary. Learn more.
Up to 80 artists will be invited to participate in the IBMA Bluegrass Live! festival. Artists are chosen through a juried selection process that takes into consideration the applicant’s artistic merit, availability, quality of work, and general fit in the overall mix of bands. The IBMA is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA). Artists with disabilities, artists who are black, indigenous, or people of color (BIPOC), and those who identify as LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
In addition to general applicant contact information, the following materials will be needed to complete the application:
- Artist name
- Band member names
- Booking contact (name, company, email, phone number)
- Link to artist’s website
- Link to a song or video sample
- Upcoming/recent projects, if applicable