IBMA Bluegrass Live! powered by PNC Accessibility Guide
We are committed to eliminating barriers to participation related to aging and disabilities at all IBMA World of Bluegrass events.
How to Request an Accommodation
Accessible seating is available for you and your companions for any event with reserved seating (IBMA Bluegrass Music Awards at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts; IBMA Bluegrass Live! powered by PNC at Red Hat Amphitheater). Purchase Tickets
Please note that ticket orders cannot be processed by e-mail. Tickets must be purchased online, by phone, or in person.
Scooters or Wheelchairs
Scooters and wheelchairs can be reserved via Mobility Concepts. Contact Mobility Concepts by e-mail [email protected], or call 919-612-5132 (7am-9pm only, please) to reserve a scooter or wheelchair in advance; or you can reserve a scooter or wheelchair on the Mobility Concepts website – you’ll need to enter the date(s) of the event.
Mobility Concepts will also be on-site during IBMA Bluegrass Live! powered by PNC on Fayetteville Street across from the Marriott. Rental rates will be $35 – $40 per day.
Additional information can be requested by contacting: Eddie Huffman ([email protected]) or our local host partners at PineCone – Jamie Katz Court ([email protected]) or Courtney Wheeler ([email protected]).
During IBMA World of Bluegrass, accessibility information will be available at the Welcome Kiosk in the Raleigh Convention Center.
Wheelchair-accessible seats: Most of the venues we work with have wheelchair-accessible entrances, seating, and restrooms (exceptions: Kings and The Architect, both IBMA Bluegrass Ramble venues. Official Showcase acts in these venues will also showcase in the Raleigh Convention Center, an accessible venue – review the Ramble schedule). IBMA Business Conference sessions and lunches, IBMA Bluegrass Ramble venues, and StreetFest stages are general admission seating. We reserve accessible viewing areas for anyone with mobility considerations, including those using a wheelchair or motorized scooter, and their guests. Space is limited and is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Aisle seats: We will reserve seats on an aisle or another desired location that provides better access for you and your guests.
For assigned seating venues such as the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts or Red Hat Amphitheater, you can reserve accessible seats online, by phone, or in person.
Sighted Guides: For people who are blind or have low vision, you may request to be paired with a sighted guide who will help you navigate ANY of the IBMA World of Bluegrass events. Please submit your request no later than Friday, September 11, 2020. We will do our best to facilitate requests made after this date. You may also request a guide or other accommodation by contacting Jamie Katz Court or Courtney Wheeler at 919-664-8333.
Seating Close to StreetFest Stage: If you would like to sit close to the stage due to low vision, we reserve accessible viewing areas at StreetFest stages. Space is limited and is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Service Animals: We welcome service animals at all IBMA World of Bluegrass events and venues. Service animals are trained to perform a task that is directly related to the handler’s disability.
Assistive Listening Devices: At compatible venues, we offer assistive listening devices (ALDs). These are available for free on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be asked to leave an ID to ensure that the device is returned at the end of the event.
- Raleigh Convention Center (IBMA Business Conference, IBMA Bluegrass Ramble): ALDs will be available at the Welcome Kiosk
- Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts (IBMA Bluegrass Music Awards): ALDs will be available at the box office
- Red Hat Amphitheater (IBMA Bluegrass Live! powered by PNC): ALDs will be available at the box office.
Assistive listening devices (ALDs) amplify sound transmitted by the microphone while eliminating ambient noise. You can choose to wear the device with headphones or a neck loop. Neck loops are compatible with t-coil hearing aids. ALDs are obtained from the Box Office or Registration table on the day of your event. At this time, ALDs are not available for StreetFest stages and IBMA Bluegrass Ramble venues.
Seating Close to Stage: If you would like to sit close to the stage for lip reading, we are happy to reserve seats for you and your guests.
Sensory Friendly Access
- Market Plaza on the East side of Fayetteville Street between First Citizens Bank and the YMCA
- Raleigh Convention Center: Room 302A throughout IBMA World of Bluegrass week
- Raleigh Marriott City Center: Alumni Meeting Room, Thursday-Sunday, Sept. 26-29. The room will be set with one round table and ten chairs with a water station each day.
For people or families who need a low sensory environment away from the crowds and noise.
Accessible Restroom Locations
- East and West Hargett
- East and West Martin
- East Davie
- East City Plaza
- Lots A1 and A2 (Experience Zone)
Accessible Drop-off Locations
There are four accessible drop-off/pick-up locations along the StreetFest footprint.
- East side of Fayetteville Street across from the Marriott between Lenoir Street & City Plaza.
- East side of Salisbury Street at the intersections of Davie, Martin, and Hargett Streets.
Parking and Getting Around
Parking decks are available both days; parking fees may vary. Accessible parking is located in the first level of parking garages. Color-coded map of downtown Raleigh Parking Decks
Select downtown Raleigh parking decks are color-coded to help you remember where you’ve parked:
- Blount Street Parking Deck: Purple Deck (1 block east of Davie Street Stage and Martin Street Stage)
- Wilmington Station Deck: Blue Deck (1 block southeast of Dance Tent, 1 block northeast of Hargett Street Stage)
- Moore Square Deck: Green Deck (1 block east of Hargett Street Stage and Martin Street Stage)
- Performing Arts Center Deck: Aqua Deck (1 block south of Convention Center, 1 block southeast of Red Hat Amphitheater)
- City Center Deck: Red Deck (1 block east of Davie Street Stage and City Plaza stage)
- Cabarrus Deck: Brown Deck (1 block west of City Plaza Stage)
- Municipal Deck: Orange Deck (2 blocks west of Dance Tent)
- Convention Center Deck – Underground: Yellow Deck (1 block south of City Plaza Stage)
- Additional decks nearby the IBMA Bluegrass Live! footprint include: Alexander Square, Charter Square, Hannover, Convention Center Underground, Moore Square Decks!
Street parking surrounding the footprint of IBMA Bluegrass Live! is free after 5pm on Friday, and all day on Saturday. Street parking is available on Friday before 5pm, just be sure to pay your meter! The parking meters have a “Handicapped Parking Option” for visitors displaying a handicapped placard or license plate. There is no time limit on a Handicapped Payment, so there is no need to move your car again, although you still have to pay $1 per hour of parking.
The Moore Square Bus Station is located at 214 S Blount Street, 1.5 blocks from the heart of the StreetFest footprint.
The R-Line, a free circulator shuttle, will also be available to help you get from your parking space to the festival footprint.
Accessible Cab Companies
Community Cab and Wheelchair Service / Phone: 919-231-6282
Evans Transportation / Phone: 919-427-5635
King Richard Transportation / Phone: 919-754-7270
Leisure Cab and Transportation / Phone: 919-833-6169
In the evenings Raleigh’s teams of rickshaw drivers can be a great option for moving from one event to another in a cost-effective way: